Bernese puppy Angel

Danger in Rope Toys

Be very careful of the toys that you give your puppy or dog to play with. Bernese Angel (AKA Daisy), was just six-months old and tragically died earlier this month after ingesting rope, part of a dog toy. Vets operated on her to remove the rope from multiple organs but sadly, she passed away, devastating her family.

Dogs naturally chew and no toy is indestructible. It’s a good idea to supervise your pet’s play time with their toys – whether the toys are size-appropriate for the pet and their type of play,  or labeled as “indestructible” – even a seemingly harmless one can be hazardous.